A warm welcome back to our school families, as well as a warm welcome to each of our NEW school families!
Some important reminders, some of which were listed in last week’s blog containing a letter to parents:
- We have a “soft start” each day, which means children can be dropped off anytime from 8:40-8:55am. This system begins on Tuesday, September (tomorrow). Please remain in your car during drop-off, as your child(ren) will be heading straight into the school.
- Masks are mandatory for Grades 4-7, and all adults. Grades K-3 are encouraged to wear masks.
- There are 2 (two) drop off and pick up zones now. Please pull up to the furthest zone before drop-off.
- Tomorrow is a HALF DAY. Dismissal will occur at 12:00 Noon. This is for Grades 1 – 7. Kindergarten has their own gradual entry schedule and Mrs. Whitlock is in regular communication with the Kindergarten parents about this schedule.
- Please make sure your child packs a snack for recess. They do not need to bring a lunch tomorrow.
- Summer uniform can be worn until Thanksgiving.
- Please note that there is NO early dismissal on Wednesday, September 8. We have moved the early dismissal to the following Wednesday.
- Thursday, September 30 is a National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. Please note on your calendars that there are NO classes on this day. Students are encouraged to observe this day with reflection, participation in Orange Shirt Day, and attending civic events within our community. Classes will resume on Friday, October 1.